If you are looking for information on the proper care of toothbrush tips, then we have exciting news for you! Toothbrush care is essential to brushing your teeth clean and keeping them healthy. If you neglect your toothbrush, you could be overlooking your oral health. To help you learn more about the proper tips on toothbrush care, our dentist, Dr. James Johnson in Houston, Texas, is here to help you.
Here are some proper tips on toothbrush care:
– Due to several risks for contamination, you need to be alert on how you store your toothbrush and how your toothbrush is used. Never keep your toothbrush around other toothbrushes or let anyone else use it.
– To help prevent contamination, never let your toothbrush lay in areas where bacteria and germs can collect on it. If your toothbrush should ever be contaminated, it will need to be replaced.
– Your toothbrush will typically wear down every 3 to 5 months, so be sure to replace it at this time. Youth toothbrushes wear out faster than adult toothbrushes.
– Never press too hard with your toothbrush. Doing so can cause dental abrasion. Similarly, use brushes that have soft bristles.
– For help determining which brush will work best for you, speak with your dentist about product recommendations.
– If you struggle with traditional brushes, switch to an electric toothbrush.
– Never store your brush in a shut container, as moisture and mildew can collect on it.
If you choose to apply these tips to toothbrush care into your oral hygiene routine, then you are making a wise decision. Toothbrush care is essential to keeping your teeth clean and free from bacteria. If you have questions about your teeth, or if you need help with your oral health, please call us at 713.988.0536 to make an appointment. The dental team at the practice of James A. Johnson, DDS is always happy to help your smile stay healthy.